Users of the sewer system are charged a flat rate sewer use fee to pay for costs of constructing, operating and maintaining District sewerage facilities, as well as costs for wastewater treatment and disposal. Likewise, a monthly fee is charged to all undeveloped, buildable lots located within the Cayucos Sanitary District boundaries to pay for the expense of maintaining a sewer system available to vacant properties.
As a property owner in the Cayucos Sanitary District, you are responsible to pay sewer fees as follows:
Monthly Billing Fees
Sewer Use Fee
Single Family Residences - $98.00 per month
Multi-Family Residences - $98.00 per month, per EDU (Equivalent Dwelling Unit)
Vacant Lot Fee
Undeveloped, Buildable Lots - $7.50 per month
Interrupted Service Fee
Demolished Structures - $46.00 per month Restrictions Apply
All bills that are not paid on or before their due date are assessed a 10% late fee, without exception. Annually, the District reports its delinquent accounts to the SLO County Assessor's Office for inclusion on the County tax roll.
For more information on how the current monthly billing rate was deemed necessary to accomodate the development of the Water Resource Recovery Facility, please see the 2017 Rate Study.
PLEASE NOTE: We must receive your payment by the last day of each month in order to prevent a 10% late fee. Postmarks are not considered.
- Auto-Pay (Recommended ): After you enroll, your monthly sewer fee will automatically be drafted from your checking account on the 15th of each month. You’ll never have to worry about your payment getting lost in the mail, arriving late, or incurring penalty fees.
- Pay by Credit Card (Service fees apply)
- Pay by Check: Mail your payment to our PO Box 333, Cayucos, CA 93430 or use the drop box (accessible 24/7) next to the front door of our main office at 200 Ash Ave. Cayucos, CA 93430.
- Pay with Cash: We accept cash payments at our main office, but do not make change. If you don’t have exact change, the surplus will be credited to your account.
- Bill Pay: Utilize the Bill Pay feature from your personal bank. WARNING: This is not a wire transfer. Bill Pay payments often arrive several days later than your scheduled date. We recommend that you schedule your payment to arrive on the 15th of each month to ensure it arrives on time.
PLEASE NOTE: Tenants may not place the sewer bill into their name without written consent from the property owner or manager. The property owner/manager must contact us to initiate the creation of a "Tenant Account."
Property Owners: Would you like your tenant to be billed in lieu of you? At your request, Cayucos Sanitary District will create a "Tenant Account" to allow your tenant to receive the monthly bill and make payments on your behalf. You will be required to sign a Tenant Authorization Form to authorize this change. Contact us to request your Tenant Authorization Form.
Please be Advised: In the event your tenant does not make timely payments and accrues a balance, their balance will automatically be transferred to the owner's account when they move out. As the property owner, it is ultimately your responsibility to pay all sewer fees assessed to your property, including late fees assessed to your tenant.
New Property Owners
If you have purchased property within the Cayucos Sanitary District boundaries, it is your responsibility to contact our office and provide your contact information.
Establish Service: Provide your contact and billing information now
In the event you fail to make contact, an account is still tied to your property and billed on a monthly basis. Penalty fees will apply.
Please be Advised: Sewer fees attach to property, not to individual people. If the previous owner of the property has an outstanding balance, it will automatically transfer to your new account upon the close of escrow. It is strongly recommended that you contact us to inquire about any outstanding balances associated with the property prior to the close of escrow.