Cayucos Sanitary District is a not-for-profit government agency that provides sewer service to the community of Cayucos. All parcels located within the Cayucos Sanitary District boundaries are charged an equitable, flat rate monthly fee to pay for the costs of constructing, operating and maintaining Cayucos's sewage infrastructure. Undeveloped, buildable lots are included in the monthly assessment of fees to pay for the expense of maintaining a sewer system available for vacant lots to connect to once they're developed.
Sewer Use Fee
Single Family Residences - $98.00 per month
Multi-Family Residences - $98.00 per month, per EDU (Equivalent Dwelling Unit)
Vacant Lot Fee
Undeveloped, Buildable Lots - $7.50 per month
Interrupted Service Fee
Demolished Structures - $46.00 per month Restrictions Apply
For more information on how the current rate structure was deemed necessary to accommodate the development of the Water Resource Recovery Facility, please see the 2017 Rate Study.
Billing Cycle Structure
- Monthly bills are calculated and distributed on the first of each month.
- Payment is due and must be received no later than the last day of each month in order to be considered on time (postmarks are not considered).
- All bills that are not paid on or before their due date are automatically assessed a 10% late fee, without exception, at 8:00am on the first day of the following month, and a late fee will appear on the billing statement.
- Annually, delinquent customer accounts are reported to the SLO County Tax Collector's Office, who collects delinquencies on the District's behalf, assesses additional penalty fees, and places a lien against the property.
- By default, hardcopy bills are mailed to all customers on the first of each month via USPS.
- Alternatively, you may elect to enroll in E-Billing to receive your monthly bill via email on the first of each month.
- If you own or manage a rental property and would like your tenant to receive/pay the sewer bill on your behalf, click here to get started.
- Auto-Pay (Recommended ): After you enroll, your monthly sewer fee will automatically be drafted from your checking account on the 15th of each month. You’ll never have to worry about your payment getting lost in the mail or incurring penalty fees.
- Pay by Credit Card (Service fees apply)
- Pay by Check
- Mail your payment to: PO Box 333, Cayucos, CA 93430
- Or use the drop box (accessible 24/7) next to the front door of our main office:
200 Ash Ave. Cayucos, CA 93430
- Pay with Cash: We accept cash payments at our main office, but do not make change. If you don’t have exact change, the surplus will be credited to your account.
- Bill Pay: Utilize the Bill Pay feature from your personal bank.
WARNING: This is not a wire transfer. Bill Pay payments often arrive several days later than your scheduled date. We recommend that you schedule your payment to arrive on the 15th of each month to ensure it arrives on time.