Users of the system are charged a flat rate sewer use fee to pay for costs of constructing, operating and maintaining District sewerage facilities, as well as costs for wastewater treatment and disposal.
Likewise, a monthly fee is charged to all undeveloped, buildable lots located within the Cayucos Sanitary District boundaries to pay for the expense of maintaining a sewer system available to vacant properties.
As a property owner in the Cayucos Sanitary District, you are responsible to pay sewer fees as follows:
Monthly Billing Fees
Sewer Use Fee
Single Family Residences - $98.00 per month
Multi-Family Residences - $98.00 per month, per EDU (Equivalent Dwelling Unit)
Vacant Lot Fee
Undeveloped, Buildable Lots - $7.50 per month
If you have purchased property within the Cayucos Sanitary District boundaries, it is your responsibility to contact our office and provide your contact information.
In the event you fail to make contact, an account is still tied to your property and billed on a monthly basis. All bills that are not paid on or before their due date are assessed a 10% late fee, without exception. Payment must be received by District staff no later than the last day of each month in order to be considered on time. Annually, the District reports its delinquent accounts to the SLO County Assessor's Office for inclusion on the County tax roll.
Please Note: We must receive your payment by the last day of each month in order to prevent a 10% late fee.
- Pay by Check: Mail your payment to our PO box or use the drop box (accessible 24/7) next to the front door of our main office.
- Pay with Cash: We accept cash payments at our main office, but do not make change. If you don’t have exact change, the surplus will be credited to your account.
- Bill Pay: Utilize the Bill Pay feature from your personal bank. Please Note: This is not a wire transfer. A physical check will generate at an out-of-state payment processing center and won’t be received by our office until 10-15 days after you schedule the payment. We recommend that you schedule your payment to arrive on the 15th of each month to ensure it arrives on time.
- Pay by Credit Card: Click here to pay by credit card. You will be directed to our payment portal, where you can set up an auto-recurring credit card payment. Please Note: Service fees apply.
- Sign up for Auto-Pay (Recommended ): Your monthly sewer fee will automatically be drafted from your checking account on the 15th of each month. You’ll never have to worry about your payment getting lost in the mail, arriving late, or incurring penalty fees. Click here to download the application.
Would you like your tenant to be billed in lieu of you?
At your request, the District will create a "Tenant Account" to allow your tenant to receive the monthly bill and make payments on your behalf. Please call our office at (805) 995-3290 to authorize this change. You will always be required to sign a form to authorize any change to your account.
Please be Advised: In the event your tenant does not make timely payments and accrues a balance, their balance will automatically be transferred to your owner account when they move out. As the property owner, it is ultimately your responsibility to pays all sewer fees assessed to your property.
For more information on how the current monthly billing rate was deemed necessary to accomodate the development of the Water Resource Recovery Facility, please see the 2017 Rate Study.